Black and white to color





















*** Green background-Complementary 
*** Pink background- Analogous 
*** Blue background- Triad



So for my black and white image to color I decided to do a triad color theme, analogous color theme and a complementary color theme. I will say this I spent over 8 hours on this project, so to say the least I definitely struggled a bit. The hardest part for me was getting past the idea that photoshop and illustrator are not the same thing and the tools are not the same. As someone who has never used either software prior to this class, I associated them with one another, therefore I thought the tools were similar and did the same thing. After doing this project, I found out that this was not really the case and the two programs are very different.

With that being said, I did spend a lot of time on this project, I don't necessarily think that this is my best work I have ever created but given the amount of time I put into it, I truly don't think that I could have done any better. I think this assignment was a big learning curve for me in regards to photoshop. I definitely learned a lot in terms of how to use the program and what tools are used for certain things. So all in all I think I did an ok job, and my next assignments should only get better from here.

Comments

  1. Positive feedback:
    1. I like the color schemes that you picked for each picture. Each photo can convey a certain emotion.
    2.The detailing in the lips and eyebrows makes each photo pop and adds fun!
    Critique:
    1. I would have liked to see more detailing in the background because the original photo has more color and the different effects takes away from that and create more of a plain background.
    Other questions/comments:
    For the amount of time it took and the frustration you probably felt, it is still very well done! Was there any part of this project that you enjoyed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really haha, it took me so much time that I was just over it by the time I was done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

business cards final

Autoscopy

Logo post