Autoscopy



        

For this assignment I was really inspired by my daily life in this current situation of living through the corona virus. Now you might be slightly confused and asking yourself, what does she mean by this? Well, when I say I was inspired by my current daily life I mean multiple things influenced this project. The first being that I have been almost feeling like a robot lately, living through the same routine, waking up, eating, doing homework, showering, and then rinse and repeat. Living through this pandemic, has made me feel I am living the same day over and over again so I thought "what a good way to represent this feeling."And decided to photoshop myself into a robot. So then I thought what would I look like as a robot? And my mind immediately came to the terminator movies. I basically used the terminator as a basis for my project.

All in all I think I did a pretty good job on this project and one can definitely get what I was going for through looking at the project. I wanted to take a part of my face off and have it expose some gears, but by the time I thought of this idea it was too late and I couldn't figure out how to work the layers properly, so I just decided to continue with my original plan. I am pretty happy with the end result even though I wish I could have made it seem slightly more realistic. I definitely think I look like a scary terminator.

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed your creation. I understand what you mean when you say you have been feeling like a robot. That is understandable considering that most people are at their house all day. The redness that you used for your eyes shows the message you are trying to portray. I think it may have been more impactful if you blended the third scanner more into your forehead. This visual is very pleasing I think you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so awesome!!! I think you did a great job of making a very interesting work, and love the inspo you got for it. Things definitely feel repetitive and it's hard to get out of that "robotic" feeling. I think the only edit I'd suggest is to play around with the effect from the terminator pic on the left... where the metal shows through his skin in large chunks... It would probably take quite a bit more time, but it'd be neat to see... But besides that I really love this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

business cards final

propaganda poster